blob: 5ff52c76e78dbe5ee4130a95dda0937008eb8573 (plain
This is the changelog for jom 1.0.11, the parallel make tool.
Changes since jom 1.0.10
- Fix exit code for /k command line switch. (QTCREATORBUG-6987)
- Fix spurious 0x0d characters in process output. (QTCREATORBUG-6986)
- Fix process output ordering and printing of large amounts of output
in recursive jom scenarios.
- Improved performance by caching file time stamps.
Changes since jom 1.0.9
- Fix regression that caused jom to fail on Windows XP.
Changes since jom 1.0.8
- The GNU Make option -w is now supported to print the current working
directory before and after other processing.
- Fix crash when specifying a target for an empty makefile.
- Fix lookup for targets in the Makefile's directory. (QTCREATORBUG-6546)
- Fix handling of environment variables. (QTCREATORBUG-6578)
- Specifying an exit code with the '-' command modifier was fixed.
- Fix command modifiers in inference rules. (QTCREATORBUG-6742)
- Fix parsing of the "ignore exit code" command modifier.
- Fix (very rare) deadlock and zombie processes.
- The preprocessor directive !include <file> now looks up files in the
include directories correctly. (QTCREATORBUG-6869)
Changes since jom 1.0.7
- Fix spawning of child processes that expect a valid stdin handle.
E.g. xcopy couldn't be called anymore.
- CMakeList.txt was fixed (thanks to Ryan Pavlik).
Changes since jom 1.0.6
- Fix blank lines in output. (QTCREATORBUG-3974)
- Small performance improvement due to compilation with
QT_USE_FAST_CONCATENATION and QT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS.
- Ctrl-C handling has been revisited. Much simpler and more correct.
Before the compiler jobs didn't get a Ctrl-C but were terminated.
- Special .SYNC dependents implemented. See README for a small description.
- Handle quoted dollar signs in inline files correctly. (QTCREATORBUG-2875)
- Respect the MAKEFLAGS environment variable. (QTCREATORBUG-5028)
- Complete detection of cmd builtins. This fixes annoying warnings when building
Changes since jom 1.0.5
- Fix mean monster spawn issue.
Changes since jom 1.0.4
- Fix out of date check for pseudotargets. (QTCREATORBUG-3909)
Changes since jom 1.0.3
- Fix that -j1 wasn't passed to sub jom calls. (QTCREATORBUG-3729)
- /KEEPTEMPFILES was added for debugging purposes. (QTCREATORBUG-3852)
- Performance boost for incremental builds.
- Improved Ctrl-C handling for recursive make.
Changes since jom 1.0.2
- Support variable names with underscores. (QTCREATORBUG-3235)
- Keep order of dependencies on build. This is important for makefiles
lacking complete dependencies. These might fail in parallel builds
- Fix issues wrt environment variables. (QTCREATORBUG-3108)
Changes since jom 1.0.1
- Make target names case insensitive. (QTCREATORBUG-3037)
- Fix reading of include files without newline at the end.
- Repair the cmake project file for jom.
Changes since jom 1.0.0
- Cleaner and faster determination of targets that must be built.
- Fix incomplete up-to-date check for inference rule targets.
- Don't filter comments in inline files. (QTCREATORBUG-2874)
Changes since jom 0.9.4
- Inference rule batch mode implemented.
This improves performance for makefiles that make heavy use of the batch
mode, e.g. qmake generated makefiles.
- Improved command execution. No more batch file writing.
- Macro substitution implemented. Macro expansions like
$(TARGET:suffix=d) are now possible.
- .SUFFIXES content is handled properly.
- Fixed several bugs in file name macro expansion.
- Output of concurrent processes is explicitely separated.
Changes since jom 0.9.3
- Opening files from volume mounted to NTFS directory fixed.
- Output buffering issue fixed. (QTBUG-10798)
Changes since jom 0.9.2
- Support for multiple inline files per command line added.
- Its now possible to use "." as target name. (QTCREATORBUG-1131)
- Support file name macros in the file name part of inline file defitions.
- Multiple file name macros per command line are possible now.
- Single name macro invokation was added.
They can be invoked like this: $A instead of $(A).
- Several bugs related to file name macros have been fixed.
- Handle quoted arguments from command files correctly.
Changes since jom 0.9.1
- Fixed conditionals in preprocessor expressions. (QTCREATORBUG-1091)
- Improved parser error messages. Now we see the file, in which the
error occurred. (QTCREATORBUG-1114)
Changes since jom 0.9.0
- Having too many rules for a target is now a warning and not an error.
- Fixed several bugs in the preprocessor expression parser, e.g.
Changes since jom 0.8.9
- Reset the ERRORLEVEL to zero, if command's exit code should be ignored.
- Command files can be used to pass command line options to jom.
Usage: jom @commands.txt
- ANTLR isn't used anymore. We're using QLALR to generate the parser for
preprocessor expressions now. This makes building jom much easier.