blob: c2fa86db29440490352113bcbee029393b275da3 (plain
This is the changelog for jom 1.0.6, the parallel make tool.
Changes since jom 1.0.5
- Fix mean monster spawn issue.
Changes since jom 1.0.4
- Fix out of date check for pseudotargets. (QTCREATORBUG-3909)
Changes since jom 1.0.3
- Fix that -j1 wasn't passed to sub jom calls. (QTCREATORBUG-3729)
- /KEEPTEMPFILES was added for debugging purposes. (QTCREATORBUG-3852)
- Performance boost for incremental builds.
- Improved Ctrl-C handling for recursive make.
Changes since jom 1.0.2
- Support variable names with underscores. (QTCREATORBUG-3235)
- Keep order of dependencies on build. This is important for makefiles
lacking complete dependencies. These might fail in parallel builds
- Fix issues wrt environment variables. (QTCREATORBUG-3108)
Changes since jom 1.0.1
- Make target names case insensitive. (QTCREATORBUG-3037)
- Fix reading of include files without newline at the end.
- Repair the cmake project file for jom.
Changes since jom 1.0.0
- Cleaner and faster determination of targets that must be built.
- Fix incomplete up-to-date check for inference rule targets.
- Don't filter comments in inline files. (QTCREATORBUG-2874)
Changes since jom 0.9.4
- Inference rule batch mode implemented.
This improves performance for makefiles that make heavy use of the batch
mode, e.g. qmake generated makefiles.
- Improved command execution. No more batch file writing.
- Macro substitution implemented. Macro expansions like
$(TARGET:suffix=d) are now possible.
- .SUFFIXES content is handled properly.
- Fixed several bugs in file name macro expansion.
- Output of concurrent processes is explicitely separated.
Changes since jom 0.9.3
- Opening files from volume mounted to NTFS directory fixed.
- Output buffering issue fixed. (QTBUG-10798)
Changes since jom 0.9.2
- Support for multiple inline files per command line added.
- Its now possible to use "." as target name. (QTCREATORBUG-1131)
- Support file name macros in the file name part of inline file defitions.
- Multiple file name macros per command line are possible now.
- Single name macro invokation was added.
They can be invoked like this: $A instead of $(A).
- Several bugs related to file name macros have been fixed.
- Handle quoted arguments from command files correctly.
Changes since jom 0.9.1
- Fixed conditionals in preprocessor expressions. (QTCREATORBUG-1091)
- Improved parser error messages. Now we see the file, in which the
error occurred. (QTCREATORBUG-1114)
Changes since jom 0.9.0
- Having too many rules for a target is now a warning and not an error.
- Fixed several bugs in the preprocessor expression parser, e.g.
Changes since jom 0.8.9
- Reset the ERRORLEVEL to zero, if command's exit code should be ignored.
- Command files can be used to pass command line options to jom.
Usage: jom @commands.txt
- ANTLR isn't used anymore. We're using QLALR to generate the parser for
preprocessor expressions now. This makes building jom much easier.