|author||Thiago Macieira <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-11-10 12:20:54 +0100|
|committer||Thiago Macieira <email@example.com>||2009-11-10 12:20:54 +0100|
Changelog: part 2
1 files changed, 41 insertions, 25 deletions
diff --git a/dist/changes-4.6.0 b/dist/changes-4.6.0
index f457e63509..e6f8f68f24 100644
@@ -62,28 +62,11 @@ QtCore
* New overloads for QByteArray::insert() and QByteArray::prepend()
- - QObject
- *  fixed a possible dead-lock in the destructor
- - QVariant
- * Many optimisations
- * Added QVariant::toFloat() and QVariant::toReal()
- * Added QVariant(float) constructor
- * qvariant_cast<QVariant> and qVariantFromValue<QVariant> are now
- identify functions
- * Added support for math3d types.
- - Qt::escape
- * now escape the double quote (")
- - QScopedPointer
- * New pointer class for cleaning up objects when leaving the
- current scope
* Make QFile::resize() more robust when operating on buffered files
+ *  fixed a possible dead-lock in the destructor
* Added the possibility to pass the flag Qt::UniqueConnection to QObject::connect
* Fixed race conditions that occured when moving object to threads while connecting
@@ -91,9 +74,17 @@ QtCore
* Improved performance of plugin loading by reusing the plugin cache instead of loading
it every time.
+ - QProcessEnvironment
+ * New class; support for easy access to key/value pairs in the
+ process environment
* New pattern syntax "QRegExp::WildcardUnix" with wildcard characters escaping
+ - QScopedPointer
+ * New pointer class for cleaning up objects when leaving the
+ current scope
* Added support for creating the object along the internal private
data in one single memory allocation. (QSharedPointer::create)
@@ -110,6 +101,14 @@ QtCore
to STD3 to validate, thus preventing invalid hostnames from
being accepted. See below in "Important Behavior Changes".
+ - QVariant
+ * Many optimisations
+ * Added QVariant::toFloat() and QVariant::toReal()
+ * Added QVariant(float) constructor
+ * qvariant_cast<QVariant> and qVariantFromValue<QVariant> are now
+ identify functions
+ * Added support for math3d types.
*  fix comment indentation
@@ -118,6 +117,7 @@ QtCore
attached to a QSharedPointer.
* Added QWeakPointer::data which allows you to obtain the pointer
being tracked (without protection).
+ * Added operator-> like the above data(), but requires a #define.
* [QTBUG-3543] Fixed a bug in createUuid() which caused multiple
@@ -152,6 +152,9 @@ QtCore
+ - Qt::escape
+ * now escape the double quote (")
* Support for expanding size policy has been removed. (The Qt 4.6
Beta had support for it).
@@ -340,13 +343,7 @@ QtGui
* [QTBUG-739] Removed internal widgets from QApplication::topLevelWidgets().
- - QDBusConnection
- * Made sending of invalid/incomplete messages consistently fail
- with error (no more assertions).
- - QPlainTextEdit
+ - QPlainTextEdit
* Fixed crash when clicking on a text edit which was smaller than the
height of the font used.
@@ -385,6 +382,18 @@ QtDBus
* [QTBUG-3555] Fixed a bug in the Plastique style that would cause an
ASSERT failure in QFont when the application font has a pixel size set.
+ - QDBusConnection
+ * Made sending of invalid/incomplete messages consistently fail
+ with error (no more assertions).
+ * [249528/QTBUG-3833] Added an overload of connect() that allows
+ one to specify strings for matching arguments.
+ - QDBusServiceWatcher
+ * New class; supports efficiently watching for a service to be
+ created, deleted or change owners
@@ -928,3 +937,10 @@ Qt for Windows CE
Animation framework for animation. The hellogl and overpainting examples
now compile on OpenGL/ES 1.1. Also common code is factored.
+- qmake no longer adds Qt internal dependencies to the linker when Qt
+ is built in shared mode (not static). This means that applications
+ that made use of platform-specific API may need to adjust the LIBS
+ variable in their .pro files to match:
+ X11: LIBS += -lX11
+ Mac: LIBS += -framework AppKit -framework Carbon