|author||Thiago Macieira <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-04-24 16:40:50 -0700|
|committer||The Qt Project <email@example.com>||2014-05-12 06:39:55 +0200|
Update changelog for Qt 5.3.0
Change-Id: I575938a761f1328c22777a7c5f00716d2856db58 Reviewed-by: Sergio Ahumada <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed-by: Lars Knoll <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'dist')
1 files changed, 40 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/dist/changes-5.3.0 b/dist/changes-5.3.0
index c80f2cbf86..62021b7b07 100644
@@ -91,6 +91,10 @@ QtCore
- QLibraryInfo provides information on how Qt was built.
- Added class QMarginsF to support handling margins with floating-point
+ - The setSharable() and isSharable() functions in Qt containers has
+ been deprecated and will be removed in Qt 6. New applications should
+ not use this feature, while old applications that may be using this
+ (undocumented) feature should port away from it.
- Atomic support:
* Added more operations to the atomic classes, including operator T(),
@@ -222,6 +226,9 @@ QtGui
- [QTBUG-36993] Native (that is, not distance field based) text
rendering is now functional on OpenGL 3.2+ core profiles too.
+ - The function QOpenGLShaderProgram::create() has been added. It is can
+ be used to force immediate allocation of the program's id.
+ - QFont::setRawName() and QFont::rawName() were deprecated.
* [QTBUG-37204] Implemented text attributes to enable VoiceOver to read
@@ -285,8 +292,6 @@ QtNetwork
- - [QTBUG-29663] Made the Qt buildsystem automatically include the
- necessary plugins so that static applications can print.
- CUPS 1.4 is now required for print support on Linux and other *nix
@@ -440,8 +445,6 @@ QtWidgets
- - [QTBUG-34781] Fixed regression in "make install" on library projects on
- Android so they can be used inside subdirs projects again.
- [QTBUG-36074] Fixed crash on populating large combo boxes or menus.
- [QTBUG-36528] Fixed QDir::entryList() for assets scheme to no longer
skip the first file in the directory.
@@ -523,3 +526,36 @@ qdbus
trying to display remote interfaces that had complex types without a
matching base Qt type.
+configure & build system
+ - Configure's -separate-debug-info option is now checked more strictly.
+ - Added configure [-no]-imf options for QNX.
+ - Added unsupported linux-libc++-clang and freebsd-clang mkspecs.
+ - Numerous configuration-specific build fixes.
+ - QTPLUGIN will now be automatically populated with the plugins that are
+ typically needed by the used Qt modules.
+ - qmake will not create dependencies on system headers any more, provided it
+ detects the system include paths.
+ - Added DISTCLEAN_DEPS variable analogous to CLEAN_DEPS.
+ - Added function $$getenv() which is equivalent to using the $$() expansion,
+ but permits various qmake meta characters in the name.
+ - [MacOS] QMAKE_BUNDLEID_PREFIX is now recognized by the Makefile generator.
+ - [QTBUG-29939][MSVC2012+] Added Windows XP target support.
+ - [QTBUG-35570][VS2012+] Fixed bad ProgramDataBaseFileName.
+ - [QTBUG-38066][VS2010+] Fixed version suffix being appended to applications.
+ - [QTBUG-31185][VS] The PlatformToolset environment variable is now honored.
+ - [QTBUG-34781][Android] Fixed regression in "make install" on library projects
+ so they can be used inside subdirs projects again.
+ - [QTBUG-37113] Fixed creation of excessively long relative paths, which
+ would lead to errors with MSVC. Note that this does not fix all such cases.
+ - (Re-)added to Qt base. Added corresponding qmake feature file.
+ Caveat: the generated files are not scanned for dependencies.