Diffstat (limited to 'src/3rdparty/freetype/README')
1 files changed, 41 insertions, 22 deletions
diff --git a/src/3rdparty/freetype/README b/src/3rdparty/freetype/README
index 282791ef08..f00a1ab79b 100644
@@ -1,24 +1,22 @@
- Special notes to Unix users
+ FreeType 2.5.5
- Please read the file `docs/UPGRADE.UNIX'. It contains important
- information regarding the installation of FreeType on Unix systems,
- especially GNU based operating systems like GNU/Linux.
+ Homepage: http://www.freetype.org
- FreeType 2's library is called `libfreetype', FreeType 1's library
- is called `libttf'. They are *not* compatible!
+ FreeType is a freely available software library to render fonts.
- FreeType 2.3.12
+ It is written in C, designed to be small, efficient, highly
+ customizable, and portable while capable of producing high-quality
+ output (glyph images) of most vector and bitmap font formats.
Please read the docs/CHANGES file, it contains IMPORTANT
- Read the files `docs/INSTALL' for installation instructions.
+ Read the files `docs/INSTALL*' for installation instructions; see
+ the file `docs/LICENSE.TXT' for the available licenses.
The FreeType 2 API reference is located in `docs/reference'; use the
- file `ft2-doc.html' as the top entry point. Additional
+ file `ft2-toc.html' as the top entry point. Additional
documentation is available as a separate package from our sites. Go
@@ -26,23 +24,44 @@
and download one of the following files.
+ To view the documentation online, go to
+ Mailing Lists
+ The preferred way of communication with the FreeType team is using
+ e-mail lists.
+ general use and discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ engine internals, porting, etc.: email@example.com
+ announcements: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ The lists are moderated; see
+ how to subscribe.
- Please report bugs by e-mail to `email@example.com'. Don't
- forget to send a detailed explanation of the problem -- there is
- nothing worse than receiving a terse message that only says `it
- doesn't work'.
- Alternatively, you may submit a bug report at
+ Please submit bug reports at
+ Alternatively, you might report bugs by e-mail to
+ `firstname.lastname@example.org'. Don't forget to send a detailed
+ explanation of the problem -- there is nothing worse than receiving
+ a terse message that only says `it doesn't work'.
@@ -51,7 +70,7 @@
-Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 by
+Copyright 2006-2014 by
David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg.
This file is part of the FreeType project, and may only be used,