Diffstat (limited to 'src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE')
1 files changed, 16 insertions, 29 deletions
diff --git a/src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE b/src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE
index 4dae783b55..70a71e3b0e 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-Libpng 1.6.20 - December 3, 2015
+Libpng 1.6.28 - January 5, 2017
This is a public release of libpng, intended for use in production codes.
@@ -7,41 +7,28 @@ Files available for download:
Source files with LF line endings (for Unix/Linux) and with a
- libpng-1.6.20.tar.xz (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
+ libpng-1.6.28.tar.xz (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
Source files with CRLF line endings (for Windows), without the
- /scratch/glennrp/Libpng16/lpng1620.7z (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
+ lpng1628.7z (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
- libpng-1.6.20-*.asc (armored detached GPG signatures)
-Changes since the last public release (1.6.19):
- Avoid potential pointer overflow/underflow in png_handle_sPLT() and
- png_handle_pCAL() (Bug report by John Regehr).
- Fixed incorrect implementation of png_set_PLTE() that uses png_ptr
- not info_ptr, that left png_set_PLTE() open to the CVE-2015-8126
- Backported tests from libpng-1.7.0beta69.
- Fixed an error in handling of bad zlib CMINFO field in pngfix, found by
- American Fuzzy Lop, reported by Brian Carpenter. inflate() doesn't
- immediately fault a bad CMINFO field; instead a 'too far back' error
- happens later (at least some times). pngfix failed to limit CMINFO to
- the allowed values but then assumed that window_bits was in range,
- triggering an assert. The bug is mostly harmless; the PNG file cannot
- be fixed.
- In libpng 1.6 zlib initialization was changed to use the window size
- in the zlib stream, not a fixed value. This causes some invalid images,
- where CINFO is too large, to display 'correctly' if the rest of the
- data is valid. This provides a workaround for zlib versions where the
- error arises (ones that support the API change to use the window size
- in the stream).
+ libpng-1.6.28-*.asc (armored detached GPG signatures)
+Changes since the last public release (1.6.27):
+ Fixed arm/aarch64 detection in CMakeLists.txt (Gianfranco Costamagna).
+ Added option to Cmake build allowing a custom location of zlib to be
+ specified in a scenario where libpng is being built as a subproject
+ alongside zlib by another project (Sam Serrels).
+ Changed png_ptr->options from a png_byte to png_uint_32, to accomodate
+ up to 16 options.
Send comments/corrections/commendations to png-mng-implement at lists.sf.net
(subscription required; visit