Diffstat (limited to 'src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbwindow.cpp')
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbwindow.cpp b/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbwindow.cpp
index bdbb9e9fe0..bec167fec2 100644
@@ -2003,14 +2003,11 @@ void QXcbWindow::handleConfigureNotifyEvent(const xcb_configure_notify_event_t *
// be queried in the resize event.
- // As we're delivering the geometry change through QPA in n async fashion we can't
- // pass on the current geometry of the QWindowPrivate, as that may have not been
- // updated yet by a geometry change that's still in the QPA event queue. Instead
- // we fall back to the default argument value of QRect(), which will result in
- // QGuiApplication looking up the previous geometry from QWindowPrivate, but this
- // time in sync with the even delivery/processing.
- QWindowSystemInterface::handleGeometryChange(window(), actualGeometry,
- requestedGeometry != actualGeometry ? requestedGeometry : QRect());
+ // FIXME: In the case of the requestedGeometry not matching the actualGeometry due
+ // to e.g. the window manager applying restrictions to the geometry, the application
+ // will never see a move/resize event if the actualGeometry is the same as the current
+ // geometry, and may think the requested geometry was fulfilled.
+ QWindowSystemInterface::handleGeometryChange(window(), actualGeometry);
// QPlatformScreen::screen() is updated asynchronously, so we can't compare it
// with the newScreen. Just send the WindowScreenChanged event and QGuiApplication