|author||Alexandru Croitor <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-08-23 16:47:14 +0200|
|committer||Alexandru Croitor <email@example.com>||2017-08-24 10:30:18 +0000|
Streamline Qt5 detection on macOS
This consists of a few things: - Remove the detection and usage of ALTERNATIVE_QT_INCLUDE_DIR in setup.py, because CMake takes care of finding the correct Qt include headers. - Add detection of framework / non-framework includes in the CMake rules, instead of in the setup.py script. - Don't pass QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE from setup.py to CMake, because it is not being used. It was previously used for detecting Qt4 via the CMake FindQt4.cmake file. Now it is done by find_package() which detects qmake from the environment. - Get rid of the old "/Library/Frameworks" QT_INCLUDE_DIR, which was where the official Qt 4.8.x packages installed Qt. - Deprecate usage of ALTERNATIVE_QT_INCLUDE_DIR. Now it is only used if CMake fails to detect the proper include headers of Qt5 (which should not happen). Change-Id: I829b92bc0d40ae7eb418be27c735fc095e557820 Reviewed-by: Christian Tismer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'setup.py')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 13 deletions
@@ -801,7 +801,6 @@ class pyside_build(_build):
cmake_cmd = [
- "-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE='%s'" % self.qtinfo.qmake_command,
"-DBUILD_TESTS=%s" % self.build_tests,
"-DQt5Help_DIR=%s" % self.qtinfo.docs_dir,
"-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=%s" % self.build_type,
@@ -823,18 +822,6 @@ class pyside_build(_build):
if sys.platform == 'darwin':
- # Shiboken supports specifying multiple include paths separated by a colon on *nix
- # systems.
- # In a framework build, two paths should be included:
- # path_to_qt/lib -> which contains framework folders with headers, and
- # path_to_qt/include -> which contains headers for static libraries.
- # A non-framework build contains all headers in the path_to_qt/include folder.
- path_separator = ":"
- includes_dir = '-DALTERNATIVE_QT_INCLUDE_DIR=' + self.qtinfo.headers_dir
- if os.path.isdir(self.qtinfo.headers_dir + "/../lib/QtCore.framework"):
- includes_dir += path_separator + self.qtinfo.headers_dir + "/../lib/"
# also tell cmake which architecture to use