Diffstat (limited to 'src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE')
1 files changed, 90 insertions, 47 deletions
diff --git a/src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE b/src/3rdparty/libpng/ANNOUNCE
index 131e0aa369..9f1b665834 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-Libpng 1.6.17 - March 26, 2015
+Libpng 1.6.19 - November 12, 2015
This is a public release of libpng, intended for use in production codes.
@@ -7,61 +7,104 @@ Files available for download:
Source files with LF line endings (for Unix/Linux) and with a
- libpng-1.6.17.tar.xz (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
+ libpng-1.6.19.tar.xz (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
Source files with CRLF line endings (for Windows), without the
- lpng1617.7z (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
+ lpng1619.7z (LZMA-compressed, recommended)
- libpng-1.6.17-*.asc (armored detached GPG signatures)
+ libpng-1.6.19-*.asc (armored detached GPG signatures)
-Changes since the last public release (1.6.16):
+Changes since the last public release (1.6.18):
- Removed duplicate PNG_SAFE_LIMITS_SUPPORTED handling from pngconf.h
- Corrected the width limit calculation in png_check_IHDR().
- Removed user limits from pngfix. Also pass NULL pointers to
- png_read_row to skip the unnecessary row de-interlace stuff.
- Added testing of png_set_packing() to pngvalid.c
- Regenerated configure scripts in the *.tar distributions with libtool-2.4.4
- Implement previously untested cases of libpng transforms in pngvalid.c
- Fixed byte order in 2-byte filler, in png_do_read_filler().
- Made the check for out-of-range values in png_set_tRNS() detect
- values that are exactly 2^bit_depth, and work on 16-bit platforms.
- Merged some parts of libpng-1.6.17beta01 and libpng-1.7.0beta47.
- Added #ifndef __COVERITY__ where needed in png.c, pngrutil.c and
- pngset.c to avoid warnings about dead code.
- Do not build png_product2() when it is unused.
- Display user limits in the output from pngtest.
- Eliminated the PNG_SAFE_LIMITS macro and restored the 1-million-column
- and 1-million-row default limits in pnglibconf.dfa, that can be reset
- by the user at build time or run time. This provides a more robust
- defense against DOS and as-yet undiscovered overflows.
- Added PNG_WRITE_CUSTOMIZE_COMPRESSION_SUPPORTED macro, on by default.
- Allow user to call png_get_IHDR() with NULL arguments (Reuben Hawkins).
- Rebuilt configure scripts with automake-1.15 and libtool-2.4.6
- Moved png_set_filter() prototype into a PNG_WRITE_SUPPORTED block
- of png.h.
- Avoid runtime checks when converting integer to png_byte with
- Visual Studio (Sergey Kosarevsky)
- Removed some comments that the configure script did not handle
- properly from scripts/pnglibconf.dfa and pnglibconf.h.prebuilt.
- Free the unknown_chunks structure even when it contains no data.
- Updated CMakeLists.txt to add OSX framework, change YES/NO to ON/OFF
- for consistency, and remove some useless tests (Alexey Petruchik).
- Remove pnglibconf.h, pnglibconf.c, pnglibconf.pre, pnglibconf.dfn,
- and pnglibconf.out instead of pnglibconf.* in "make clean" (Cosmin).
- Fixed simplified 8-bit-linear to sRGB alpha. The calculated alpha
- value was wrong. It's not clear if this affected the final stored
- value; in the obvious code path the upper and lower 8-bits of the
- alpha value were identical and the alpha was truncated to 8-bits
- rather than dividing by 257 (John Bowler).
+ Updated obsolete information about the simplified API macros in the
+ manual pages (Bug report by Arc Riley).
+ Avoid potentially dereferencing NULL info_ptr in png_info_init_3().
+ Rearranged png.h to put the major sections in the same order as
+ in libpng17.
+ Eliminated unused PNG_COST_SHIFT, PNG_WEIGHT_SHIFT, PNG_COST_FACTOR, and
+ PNG_WEIGHT_FACTOR macros.
+ Suppressed some warnings from the Borland C++ 5.5.1/5.82 compiler
+ (Bug report by Viktor Szakats). Several warnings remain and are
+ unavoidable, where we test for overflow.
+ Fixed potential leak of png_pixels in contrib/pngminus/pnm2png.c
+ Fixed uninitialized variable in contrib/gregbook/rpng2-x.c
+ Moved config.h.in~ from the "libpng_autotools_files" list to the
+ "libpng_autotools_extra" list in autogen.sh because it was causing a
+ false positive for missing files (bug report by Robert C. Seacord).
+ Removed unreachable "break" statements in png.c, pngread.c, and pngrtran.c
+ to suppress clang warnings (Bug report by Viktor Szakats).
+ Fixed some bad links in the man page.
+ Changed "n bit" to "n-bit" in comments.
+ Added signed/unsigned 16-bit safety net. This removes the dubious
+ 0x8000 flag definitions on 16-bit systems. They aren't supported
+ yet the defs *probably* work, however it seems much safer to do this
+ and be advised if anyone, contrary to advice, is building libpng 1.6
+ on a 16-bit system. It also adds back various switch default clauses
+ for GCC; GCC errors out if they are not present (with an appropriately
+ high level of warnings).
+ Safely convert num_bytes to a png_byte in png_set_sig_bytes() (Robert
+ Fixed the recently reported 1's complement security issue by replacing
+ the value that is illegal in the PNG spec, in both signed and unsigned
+ values, with 0. Illegal unsigned values (anything greater than or equal
+ to 0x80000000) can still pass through, but since these are not illegal
+ in ANSI-C (unlike 0x80000000 in the signed case) the checking that
+ occurs later can catch them (John Bowler).
+ Fixed png_save_int_32 when int is not 2's complement (John Bowler).
+ Updated libpng16 with all the recent test changes from libpng17,
+ including changes to pngvalid.c to ensure that the original,
+ distributed, version of contrib/visupng/cexcept.h can be used
+ (John Bowler).
+ pngvalid contains the correction to the use of SAVE/STORE_
+ UNKNOWN_CHUNKS; a bug revealed by changes in libpng 1.7. More
+ tests contain the --strict option to detect warnings and the
+ pngvalid-standard test has been corrected so that it does not
+ turn on progressive-read. There is a separate test which does
+ that. (John Bowler)
+ Also made some signed/unsigned fixes.
+ Make pngstest error limits version specific. Splitting the machine
+ generated error structs out to a file allows the values to be updated
+ without changing pngstest.c itself. Since libpng 1.6 and 1.7 have
+ slightly different error limits this simplifies maintenance. The
+ makepngs.sh script has also been updated to more accurately reflect
+ current problems in libpng 1.7 (John Bowler).
+ Incorporated new test PNG files into make check. tests/pngstest-*
+ are changed so that the new test files are divided into 8 groups by
+ gamma and alpha channel. These tests have considerably better code
+ and pixel-value coverage than contrib/pngsuite; however,coverage is
+ still incomplete (John Bowler).
+ Removed the '--strict' in 1.6 because of the double-gamma-correction
+ warning, updated pngstest-errors.h for the errors detected with the
+ new contrib/testspngs PNG test files (John Bowler).
+ Worked around rgb-to-gray issues in libpng 1.6. The previous
+ attempts to ignore the errors in the code aren't quite enough to
+ deal with the 'channel selection' encoding added to libpng 1.7; abort.
+ Fixed 'pow' macros in pngvalid.c. It is legal for 'pow' to be a
+ macro, therefore the argument list cannot contain preprocessing
+ directives. Make sure pow is a function where this happens. This is
+ a minimal safe fix, the issue only arises in non-performance-critical
+ code (bug report by Curtis Leach, fix by John Bowler).
+ Added sPLT support to pngtest.c
+ Prevent setting or writing over-length PLTE chunk (Cosmin Truta).
+ Silently truncate over-length PLTE chunk while reading.
+ Libpng incorrectly calculated the output rowbytes when the application
+ decreased either the number of channels or the bit depth (or both) in
+ a user transform. This was safe; libpng overallocated buffer space
+ (potentially by quite a lot; up to 4 times the amount required) but,
+ from 1.5.4 on, resulted in a png_error (John Bowler).
+ Fixed some inconsequential cut-and-paste typos in png_set_cHRM_XYZ_fixed().
+ Clarified COPYRIGHT information to state explicitly that versions
+ are derived from previous versions.
+ Removed much of the long list of previous versions from png.h and
Send comments/corrections/commendations to png-mng-implement at lists.sf.net
(subscription required; visit