blob: 718f18b914d5dacbd1d8d43c2f3958c64414d385 (plain
This little tool faciliates the creation of change log files for Qt modules. It is written in golang and
can be built by running
With the binary in place, you can use it like this:
1. Change into a directory that contains a git clone of the module you'd like to create a change log for.
2. Make sure you have the release branch checked out that you'd like to create the file for.
3. Run the createchangelog tool from there.
4. The tool will parse .qmake.conf to determine the version of the upcoming release and it will use "git tag -l" to
determine the previous release, in order to look through the git commits between the previous release and HEAD.
5. The proposed template output of the new change log file is printed to standard output, from which you can redirect
it to a file and edit it accordingly.