|author||David Faure <email@example.com>||2012-07-27 14:20:42 +0200|
|committer||Qt by Nokia <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2012-07-27 22:04:55 +0200|
QDebug: adjust documentation of space(), nospace() and maybeSpace()
Reality is that they control a "current mode" in the stream, not a "bool that remembers if the last character was a space". Change-Id: Ic907c34bcb458039b73ddff48021e19f0c24c78c Reviewed-by: Thiago Macieira <email@example.com>
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/src/corelib/io/qdebug.cpp b/src/corelib/io/qdebug.cpp
index 5769323d57..2b5dac8801 100644
@@ -138,8 +138,8 @@
Writes a space character to the debug stream and returns a reference to
- The stream will record that the last character sent to the stream was a
+ The stream remembers that automatic insertion of spaces is
+ enabled for future writes.
\sa nospace(), maybeSpace()
@@ -147,8 +147,7 @@
\fn QDebug &QDebug::nospace()
- Clears the stream's internal flag that records whether the last character
- was a space and returns a reference to the stream.
+ Disables automatic insertion of spaces and returns a reference to the stream.
\sa space(), maybeSpace()
@@ -156,11 +155,8 @@
\fn QDebug &QDebug::maybeSpace()
- Writes a space character to the debug stream, depending on the last
- character sent to the stream, and returns a reference to the stream.
- If the last character was a space character, this function writes a space
- character to the stream; otherwise, no characters are written to the stream.
+ Writes a space character to the debug stream, depending on the current
+ setting for automatic insertion of spaces, and returns a reference to the stream.
\sa space(), nospace()